Electrical maintenance problems are one of the top maintenance costs facing commercial vehicle operators today.
The Qwik Tech Tips newsletter published monthly by Phillips Industries addresses specific issues that can cause problems and offers "Qwik" solutions.
Phillips Industries is a leading supplier, innovator and manufacturer of advanced electrical and air brake interface equipment for the commercial vehicle industry. Their expertise in finding solutions through an aggressive testing and product development program can help any heavy vehicle operator reduce their own costs from electrical problems. For instance, corrosion build up in electrical systems causes enormous cost, in both time and money and Phillips is doing testing every day to find ways to reduce those costs. Phillips personnel are in constant contact with vehicle operators, asking about their problems and offering solutions.
- Inspect gladhands regularly – failure to care for them properly allows moisture to penetrate air system
- Gladhands have rubber seals that enable them to seal tightly to each other. The seals eventually wear out
- Leaks at the gladhand should be fixed immediately by replacing rubber seals. Always carry extra seals on board
- With good gladhand seals in place air compressors and air dryer desiccants will last longer, and you’ll get better braking
- Always store the gladhands to their stowaways when dropping a trailer
From this month's issue...
Phillips' product solutions!